Wednesday, December 29, 2004

[find] XP tuning

While Los Angeles has been soaked in a giant rain storm these past few days, I have been soaked in a giant @#$% storm with my laptop. I am proud to say that I have figured out a number awful infections and problems for friends and family, but my poor trustly Dell has been terribly ill.

I went and turned off all the services. And I mean, all the services. And now things seem to almost work ok. So I suppose my next question is --- why were all those services running before? Perhaps just in case I ever needed to use one of those obscure features?

And along the way I found something cool. XP Tuning explained at IAmNotAGeek.com

Oh and. msconfig is your friend --- Use it and review all the hidden crappy stuff that your computer maybe be trying to run at start-up.