Saturday, December 11, 2004

[news] Mesothelioma

Saw an article today about how deaths from asbestos is rising. I have to admit, I am a little spooked out. During the good old solar car days, we worked in the MIT historic building 20. I heard that the building erected in a hurry and used asbestos to prevent bomb fire. Of course, it didn't help that we worked a lot with bondo, fiber glass, carbon fiber -- all little particles and fiber that probably took up permanent residence in my lung. I should have been more paranoid back then!

Well, at least I know that if I ever contracted mesothelioma, I will have a legion of lawyers ready to be on my side. These medical terms are all sound so pleasantly surprising when you say them - mesothelioma - honestly, makes me think of dinausaor or geology, instead of asbestos lung cancer!