Wednesday, January 30, 2008

[log] Finally made Internet Explorer not start slow

IE on my new laptop has bugged the crap out of me. When I started it, it would spend a good 5 seconds mysteriously "Connecting..." to nothing, since I set my homepage to blank.

5 seconds isn't a lot of time to wait for, say, a cocktail. But it sure irritated me when I stared at my computer. One-one-thousand. Two-one-thousand. Three-one-thousand. Four-one-thousand. Five-one-thousand. Argh.

Today I finally found the fix -- From "Tools".. "Manage Add-Ons", I started looking for things I didn't think I needed. I knew that every one of these add-ons was a potential "start slow" switch.

After a few tries, jackpot. Disabling this add-on made IE started in a tolerable time of slightly over one second.

- Name: "CPwmIEBrowserHelp Object"
- Publihser: "Lenovo (United States) Inc.
- File: tvtpwm_ie_com.dll

Now let's see what other Lenovo crap I can dump!

No comments:

Post a Comment